Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My "old man"

Joe:  Hey, I just wanted to let you know your old man might be losin' it.  I was payin' some bills this morning & I had that check for you sitting out on the kitchen table.  Well, I had a Charter bill, you know, they give you an envelope to mail back.  Here I sealed the envelope & I saw a check sittin on the table & I thought, "G#ddamn, I forgot to put the g#ddamn Charter check in the envelope."  Here, the check on the table was made out to you, but I'm thinking it's Charter's check.  So I opened the sealed envelope & here there's a check for Charter in there already.  Son of a b#tch.

A couple days ago my power was out at night, so I went to Joe's to sleep.  I couldn't fall asleep, so at 1 a.m. I called Ameren UE & my power was back on, so I drove home.

Joe: And then that night you went home from my house, in the morning I went outside to get the paper & didn't see your car out there, but I thought you were still inside sleepin'... I was gettin' ready to go to work, the whole time being quiet because I thought you were sleepin.  Then here the phone rings & it's you calling from your house.  I didn't know how you were doing that.  Your old man, I tell ya, he's slippin.

No comments:

Post a Comment