Thursday, October 29, 2015

Answering Machine versus Voicemail... the difference... unknown

About 3 years ago I got a message from Joe on my voicemail (cell phone) saying, "Leesha, you there?  Pick me up."  He thought I could hear him live as he was talking, like on an answering machine.  I thought I provided adequate continuing education on the way an answering machine & voicemail differ.

Tonight my phone rang and I couldn't get to it in time to answer.  I saw it was him so I called him back right away (he was leaving me a message on voicemail & clicked over when I called).

Joe:  Could you hear me?
Alicia:  Huh?  I can hear you now, what are you talking about?
Joe:  I was leaving you a message, I thought you could hear me.
Alicia:  Oh no, we're not going through this again, are we?  It doesn't work that way.
Joe:  Well you ain't got that thing programmed right then.

No comments:

Post a Comment