Sunday, January 9, 2011

Phone call

I was over at Joe's & the phone rang:
Joe: Let me answer this, these people have been calling about 3 times a day for 2 months & I either don't answer or I pick it up and hang up right away.

(all I hear is the receiving end of the conversation)

Joe:
Just fine.
Yeah.
I tell ya, I'm retired from Southwestern Bell so I get all that stuff for free.
$8.42 a month.
Yeah, I got long distance, I got call waiting, I got all that stuff you mentioned for $8.42/month.
Naw, I ain't got no computer.
Am I going to get one? Well if I ain't got one so far I ain't gonna get one. I'm doin just fine.
Say what?
Now listen, you people have been calling me every day for 2 months... is this conversation going to put an end to those calls?
Well I don't want someone calling me back within 30 days, I don't give a sh#t if it takes that long to process through your system. I'm gonna trust that you'll get my name off that list & I won't receive any more calls. I'm on the no call list & I was going to put in a complaint with the state about you guys, but I thought having this conversation would end it.
Alright, see ya.

Alicia: Haaa, I liked the part about the computer. Who was that?
Joe: Charter, some bullsh#t call. I can get this for $80, and I can get this for $90. What, was he my dad asking me when I'm going to get a computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment